Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I check in when I arrive in Tofino?Check-in locations:
Clayoquot Ventures, 561 Campbell Street, Tofino; 1.888.534.7422
Marina West Charter Office, 634 Campbell Street, Tofino; 1.800.665.8922
- Where can I find fishing regulations and boundary maps?
Department of Fisheries regulations and boundary maps for our area (Maps 24 and 124) can be found here: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s24-eng.htm.
- How can I get my fish back to Vancouver if I am flying over?Shipment options will be available. Contact us directly ahead of time for details or ask when you check in.
- Is there anywhere in Tofino I can get my fish processed and vacuum packed?The following companies will offer fish packing services to derby registrants:
- Trilogy Fish Company, 630 Campbell Street, Tofino; 250.725.2233
- West Pacific Seafoods, 701 Industrial Way, Tofino; 250.725.2244
- Is there a place to store my fish if I do not wish to have it processed in Tofino?There will be cold storage facilities available to derby registrants at the Weigh West Marine Resort.
- How do I get to Tofino and where do I stay?In addition to the accommodation and travel specials offered on the Tofino Saltwater Classic website, travel directions and suggestions for accommodations, restaurants and activities can be found at www.tourismtofino.com.
- My family is traveling with me to Tofino but won't be participating in the derby. Are there other things for them to do?There is so much to see and do in Tofino! Outdoor activities include beach combing, surfing, kayaking, hiking, whale watching, bear watching, birdwatching, and golfing. The town also has a vibrant culinary scene with many types of restaurants from casual to fine dining. A complete list of activities can be found at www.tourismtofino.com.